Sunday, September 6, 2009

Me me me

Ooooh! Tagged by the lovely Averil!

Which language do you want to learn?
. Japanese.

What do you love most about where you currently live? I love the mountains, our gorgeous view, our house, my darling favourite cafe and all the lovely people I've met.

What is your favourite colour? Purple. And red.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe? Probably the black, stretchy, slightly Art Deco looking dress that I don't think I've worn since before I was pregnant with Abi. Sigh, my life needs more glamour.

Describe your personal style? I try for elegant with a touch of funk.

If you had $300 now, what would you spend it on? Maternity bras. Pretty Hot Milk ones with matching undies.

What are you going to do after this? Clean up the kitchen. Wahoo.

What are your favourite films? I can never answer this question.

Uuummmm, Dead Man Walking, Dances With Wolves, Trust, Truly Madly Deeply, Baz Luhrmans' Romeo and Juliet, Chasing Amy. Just off the top of my head.

Do you collect anything? Not really. I do have a lot of books, but I'm too careless with them to think of them as a Collection.

What makes you follow a blog? Nosiness. It is so much more satisfying reading about real life and there are some fabulous funny and wise women out there in the blogoverse.

Do you like to comment on blogs or just lurk? I try to comment as much as I can but I have so little time and often it has all been said better before I arrive. I'm always so happy to get comments on my own stuff though, I should make more effort.

What’s one thing you dream of doing? Speaking at an international Montessori conference. Hey, dare to dream, right?

What is your biggest regret? Taking so long to work out what I wanted to do and wasting so much time studying and not finishing degrees.

What is your favourite thing to do on a rainy day? Sit in a comfy chair with a book and a cup of tea watching the rain on the mountains.

Do you have a tattoo? No. And I'm glad I didn't get one in my mid-20s when I was seriously thinking about it.

What are you favourite books? Wuthering Heights, Emma, The Bonesetter's Daughter, Brightness Falls, A Suitable Boy, In the Empire of Dreams, Raymond Carver's short story collections, Wild Swans, Daughter of China.

Describe your ideal holiday... Tokyo! With unlimited funds and time. And a side trip to Nikko to stay at this gorgeous Ryokan DH and I stayed at over the New Year in 2001.

I tag Mama Cass

1 comment:

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

Am going to have to explore some of those books. Thanks for the recs.